In this blog we are going to learn what are the 3 ways of storing password.
These are the 3 ways of storing password
1. Plane Text
- this is the most dangerous way of storing password
- If a hacker breaches the companies’ database the hacker can see the password of user.
- And if you see the same password for multiple accounts you’re doomed
- The password is encrypted (Encoded data)
- If the hacker manages to get the encryption key somehow, your password will be breached because it’s plane text (your password) underneath the encryption.
- This is by far the most secure way of strong password. the password is hashed before storing,hashing is a one way process, means that a hashed password can’t be converted back to the original password.
- MD5 hash for “hello world” is “5eb63bbbe01eeed093cb22b8f5acdc3”
- Password are stored using hashing and we add some ‘salt’ to make it even more secure.
This is all what are the 3 best way of storing passwords
If you learn something about from this post then make sure you like this post and follow my website to learn some intresting topic about the kali linux, website desining,windows,virtualization,cyber security and much more intresting topics.
If you want to learn about cyber security in detail and if you want practical training of cyber security with detail notes so check this product it will give you the best knowledge with practical training.